Application of your vinyl sticker/decal is very easy, just follow
the instructions below and you'll have the job done in no time.
Just a few things to remember before starting:
If you're applying a large sticker onto an outdoor window, car
windscreen or any outdoor surface, avoid doing so on a windy day.
It's easy to damage the sticker by getting it stuck accidentally to
unwanted surfaces, also particles of dust will stick to it very
* When applying medium to large sized stickers, you may spray a bit
of soapy water before application. It will help adjust the position
in case you don't get it right the first time by sliding it into the
correct spot, then squeegee the water out and leave for a few hours
Large stickers can be cut into smaller pieces to make application
easier. Just make sure they are aligned properly before applying to
your desired surface.
* If you have received your sticker in a mailing tube or folded in
an envelope, remove and lay flat on a table with a heavy book or two
on top. Do this at least an hour before application. This is to
avoid the sticker curling back on itself during application.
you receive your sticker, it will be sandwiched between a backing
sheet and application tape. DO NOT remove any of the layers yet.
The things that you're going to need for application are:
masking tape, squeegee or any plastic ID card (credit card,
license...), soapy water and a dry cloth.
Clean the surface thoroughly with soapy water (a couple of drops of
dish washing liquid in a 500ml spray bottle should do) then
dry with a cloth. Measure and mark the exact spot where your sticker
2. Position your sticker in place using the masking tape, leaving
one end free. If the sticker is too long, you can place the masking
tape in the center and do it in 2 steps.
3. Peel back the application tape gently, making sure the sticker
is stuck on it. Discard the backing sheet. (Cut half of the backing
sheet with scissors if you need to)
4. Hold the sticker from the free end and pull tightly close to
the surface but don't let it touch the surface yet.
5. With the squeegee in the other hand, start applying
some pressure on the sticker towards the inside, in an
up and down movement until you reach the end. Remember to keep an
eye on the alignment of your sticker.
6. Run the squeegee along your sticker a few more times with more
pressure to achieve strong adhesion.
7. Peel back the application tape gently, making sure not to peel
the sticker off with it.
8. If any air bubbles appear, you can pierce the edge
with a needle and force the air out with your finger and that's it ,
you're all done.
Click here for a printable PDF